JOHANNESBURG, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Atlatsa Resources Corporation (TSXV: ATL; NYSE MKT: ATL; JSE: ATL) confirms that the unprotected industrial action at Bokoni Platinum Mines ("Bokoni" or "the Company"), which began on 1 October 2012, has come to an end, and 90% of its workforce has reported for work this morning. This follows the signing of an agreement between the Company and its employees.
According to this agreement, re-employed workers will receive a once-off payment of R2,000 and a R400 increase to their existing travel allowance. The existing wage agreement at Bokoni, due to expire in July 2013, remains in place with no further amendments.
All employees are attending a safe start up programme to ensure safe working conditions at the mine operations. Employee inductions and safety inspections are currently underway. Production at Bokoni is expected to resume on Monday, 10 December 2012.
Certain individuals, who engaged in criminal activity during the unprotected strike action, have been arrested and remain in police custody, faced with multiple criminal charges from the State.The Company would like to express its gratitude to public officials, government agencies, community leaders, recognized labour unions as well as local businesses for their support in bringing the strike to an end. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The NYSE MKT LLC has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release. SOURCE Atlatsa Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV