Operation Walk USA 2012 To Provide Free Knee, Hip Replacements Across The Country
"I had constant pain for decades," said Richard Conroy, a 2011 Operation Walk USA participant from New York. Since the surgery, "I look forward to going back to work, and golfing again – things that had been too painful for me to enjoy for many years."
The large number of orthopaedic surgeons and medical staff who volunteer their time and expertise each year, at participating hospitals throughout the U.S., "is really a testament to what a rewarding program this is, and what it does for everyone involved," said Lawrence D. Dorr, MD, the founder of Operation Walk (international), and an Operation Walk USA participant. "The ultimate service is unconditional giving of knowledge and skills. This is why we all chose medicine."
Device manufacturers Biomet, DePuy, MAKO Surgical, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Total Joint Orthopedics (TJO), Inc. and Zimmer donated the hip and knee implants for Operation Walk USA 2012 patients. Ortech Data, Inc. is providing a complimentary data system for OpWalkUSA patients. Ortech will provide this data to the national arthroplasty registry, the American Joint Replacement Registry.
For more information about total joint replacement, visit orthoinfo.org.About Operation Walk USA 2012:
- Operation Walk USA 2012 is based on the successful experiences of Operation Walk, which has provided hip and knee replacements to thousands of patients throughout the world since 1996.
- To find a list of participating orthopaedic surgeons and cities, visit www.opwalkusa.com, or follow Operation Walk USA 2012 on Facebook.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts