Operation Walk USA 2012 To Provide Free Knee, Hip Replacements Across The Country
"I had constant pain for decades," said Richard Conroy, a 2011 Operation Walk USA participant from New York. Since the surgery, "I look forward to going back to work, and golfing again – things that had been too painful for me to enjoy for many years."
The large number of orthopaedic surgeons and medical staff who volunteer their time and expertise each year, at participating hospitals throughout the U.S., "is really a testament to what a rewarding program this is, and what it does for everyone involved," said Lawrence D. Dorr, MD, the founder of Operation Walk (international), and an Operation Walk USA participant. "The ultimate service is unconditional giving of knowledge and skills. This is why we all chose medicine."
Device manufacturers Biomet, DePuy, MAKO Surgical, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Total Joint Orthopedics (TJO), Inc. and Zimmer donated the hip and knee implants for Operation Walk USA 2012 patients. Ortech Data, Inc. is providing a complimentary data system for OpWalkUSA patients. Ortech will provide this data to the national arthroplasty registry, the American Joint Replacement Registry.
For more information about total joint replacement, visit orthoinfo.org.About Operation Walk USA 2012:
- Operation Walk USA 2012 is based on the successful experiences of Operation Walk, which has provided hip and knee replacements to thousands of patients throughout the world since 1996.
- To find a list of participating orthopaedic surgeons and cities, visit www.opwalkusa.com, or follow Operation Walk USA 2012 on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV