- Net sales were $65.3 million, down 8.7% from the comparable quarter in fiscal 2012, reflecting reduced volumes within our Wood Treating Chemicals business.
- Gross profit margins increased to 30.7%, from 26.1% in the first fiscal quarter of 2012.
- Operating income increased 1.6% to $7.1 million vs. $7.0 million in the same period a year ago.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.36, up 16% from $0.31 per share in last year’s first fiscal quarter.
- Electronic Chemicals segment operating margins (after corporate allocations) improved to 12.8% vs. 6.9% in the first fiscal quarter of 2012.
- Wood Treating Chemicals segment operating margins (after corporate allocations) were 13.1% vs. 15.7% in last year’s first quarter.
KMG Chemicals Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts