RIM, Cisco, Apple: Tech Premarket
Shares of Research In Motion were down 5.38% to $11.25 before market open, despite the company's recent efforts to show off its forthcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system.
On Thursday, RIM also launched its BlackBerry 10 Ready Program, which aims to prepare enterprise customers for the operating system's debut in late January.
RIMM shares closed down 0.42% during Thursday's trading.Cisco (CSCO) shares crept up 0.31% to $19.54 in premarket trading on Friday ahead of the company's financial analyst conference. The networking giant's analyst event, which TheStreet will be attending, kicks off at 8 a.m. EST in New York. Apple (AAPL) shares slipped 0.4% to $547 in premarket trading. The consumer tech giant's stock closed up 1.57% on Thursday after Deutsche Telekom announced that its T-Mobile USA subsidiary will offer Apple products next year. Facebook (FB) shares were flat in premarket trading at $26.97. Investors will also be keeping a close eye on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) on Friday. The security specialist swung to a loss of $3.5 million after market close on Thursday, weighing heavily on its shares in extended trading. Palo Alto Networks' adjusted profit of 4 cents a share, however, came in above Wall Street's estimates. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV