Ukrainian Online Video Service Megogo.net Goes Global
KIEV, Ukraine , Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- After a year of successful operations in the 15 former Soviet countries, Kiev-based legal online cinema Megogo.net has announced it is entering the global marketplace. The online video service is offering subscriptions to Russian-language users around the globe.
Megogo.net currently attracts around 13 million unique monthly users in the former Soviet Union countries and has more than 20,000 hours of movies and programming in its catalog. It is the top legal online cinema in 14 out of 15 countries. Based in Ukraine, it also has five branches - in Russia, Central Asia, the Baltics, Belarus and the Caucasus.
The company says it intends to capture a major part of the Russian-speaking audience on the Internet and become the largest online Russian-language cinema in the world. In particular it will focus on the United States, Canada, Israel, Brazil, Germany, Britain and other countries where there are significant numbers of Russian-speakers.According to CEO Vladimir Borovik, the community of Russian-language Internet users is growing rapidly and is the fifth-largest group of potential users after English, Spanish, Hindi and Chinese speakers. "The market for video content on the Internet is growing at a staggering speed. The Internet breaks down borders and we plan on becoming the largest online cinema for Russian speakers in the world. It's a massive market – based on our estimates, some 300 million people across the world understand Russian," Vladimir Borovik said. Megogo.net has already made 5,000 hours of quality video content available to audiences and promises to substantially increase the size of its catalog in 2013. Its library includes HD-quality movies, TV series, documentaries, popular TV shows and cartoons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV