DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Hundreds of Ford volunteers are stepping away from their jobs and going to work in soup kitchens, food banks and shelters on a Ford Accelerated Action Day
- Ford employees are working in MODEL Teams at more than three dozen locations around Metro Detroit.
- Ford and its employees participate in many hunger-relief efforts throughout the year, donating vehicles, dollars and manpower to help our communities
The Ford Volunteer Corps is cooking, and also serving meals and stocking shelves on a Ford Accelerated Action Day dedicated to feeding the hungry.
More than 600 Ford employees have teamed up with nonprofit hunger relief partners in our communities to feed men, women and children in need. MODEL Teams of Ford volunteers are stocking warehouse shelves at food banks, cooking and serving meals at shelters and packing food boxes for delivery to those who struggle every day to find food for themselves and their families.
"Ford and its employees are making a difference and stepping up once again to help bring back some of the joy of the season that is missing for many of our neighbors," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "We are grateful that we have resources and helping hands to share with the less fortunate in our communities."Many of the organizations participating in today's volunteer effort will share more than $53,000 in Ford grants to buy the food and materials needed to complete their projects. Those partners include: Capuchin Soup Kitchen , Detroit - Pack emergency food boxes & help distribute City Mission , Detroit - Prepare holiday dinner, fill pantry and stockings COTS , Detroit - Prepare & serve holiday meal, pack food boxes Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries , Detroit - Help pack food boxes Focus: HOPE , Detroit - Pack holiday food boxes & deliver to needy seniors Food Gatherers , Ann Arbor – Pack 720 food boxes, each with 25 meals Lighthouse of Oakland County , Pontiac - Sort & stock pantry & food storages areas Matrix Human Services , Detroit - Assemble, wrap & distribute 300 food baskets Ruth Ellis Center , Highland Park - Prepare meals & care packages for homeless youth Salvation Army - Harbor Light, Detroit - Pack lunches, ride Bed & Bread truck, distribute food Society of St. Vincent de Paul , Detroit - Sort & pack emergency food packs at Gleaners Southwest Housing Solutions , Detroit - Decorate, assemble holiday kits & host a party Starfish Family Services , Inkster - Process 30,000 pounds of food, assemble pantry shelving Veteran's Haven , Westland - Pack 200 "Pantry Packs" at Gleaners for needy vets Vista Maria , Dearborn Hts. - Install holiday decorations outdoors; cook with girls This is one of many efforts supported by Ford and its employees throughout the year to help feed the hungry, including a 12 year partnership with Newman's Own® that has contributed 107 refrigerated Ford trucks to help Feeding America deliver more than 209 million meals to families across the country. Ford Motor Company Fund also has provided Transit Connect Mobile Food Pantries to 25 community organizations that deliver food and help with disaster relief in states from coast to coast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV