EMusic President & CEO Adam Klein Responds To Spotify's Music Discovery Announcement
NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- "We're delighted to see that Spotify is starting to curate content given that this is one of the biggest challenges today's online music consumers face. With 15 million to 30 million tracks available on most sites, where do they even begin finding new music relevant to them?" said eMusic President and Chief Executive Officer Adam Klein. "We believe our discovery algorithm is distinctly different from others in that it combines technology-based algorithms with a strong human element: On top of an algorithm, our recommendations are heavily influenced by an individual user's overall music collection and download history, as well as the collections owned by our core audience of music tastemakers. eMusic has been a leader in personalized music discovery for years, and has rich user history data dating back to 1998. While we are devoted to a more culturally independent audience than Spotify's Top 40-skewed listener, we are thrilled to see that the company is taking steps forward in enhancing the music discovery process for its listeners."
About eMusic eMusic is committed to serving cultural independents, with aggressive development on tools and features designed solely to enhance personalized music discovery. eMusic offers the most personalized experience available for members to browse and buy music. Headquartered in New York with an office in London, eMusic is available in the U.S., Canada, the E.U., Norway and Switzerland. eMusic.com Inc. is owned by Dimensional Associates, Inc., the private equity arm of JDS Capital Management, Inc. For more information, visit eMusic.com. Note: eMusic and the eMusic logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of eMusic.com Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV