Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:UMPQ), was named the Most Admired Financial Services Company in Oregon and the fifth Most Admired Company across all industries at The Portland Business Journal’s eighth annual “Most Admired Companies” event. Umpqua Bank has received this recognition from Oregon executives every year since the award was founded in 2005.
“It is an honor to be recognized by our peers as one of the region’s strongest and most respected companies,” said Ray Davis, president and CEO of Umpqua Bank. “This award is a testament to Umpqua’s 2400 associates, whose commitment to serving our customers, employees and communities at the highest possible level is an inspiration.”
More than 1,800 CEOs and top executives across the state chose this year’s winners based on criteria that included innovation, quality of management, community involvement, quality of products and services, and branding and marketing. The Portland Business Journal awards were distributed to companies in eight industry categories: agriculture and forest products, commercial real estate, financial services, health care, nonprofits, professional services, technology and traditional manufacturing, in addition to the most admired company across all industries.
2012 Umpqua Bank Highlights:Strategic Expansion:
- Continued Bay Area expansion with:
- Acquisition of California-based Circle Bank, which added six new locations in the Bay Area;
- Announcement of new flagship stores in San Jose and San Francisco in the first half of 2013.
- Added and expanded key divisions, including:
- New Agriculture and Commercial Banking Center in California’s Central Coast;
- New Homebuilder Finance Division;
- Expanded Commercial Real Estate Division.
- Expanded Home Lending division with four new Home Lending centers in Ore., Wash., and Calif.
- On track to volunteer more than 45,000 hours to more than 1,200 nonprofit organizations through Umpqua’s Connect Volunteer Network.
- Expanded financial literacy program, “Learn to Earn,” to include state approved financial literacy curriculum and enhanced online resources and tools for families in four states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV