Editor's Note: This article was originally published on Real Money on Dec. 6. To see Jim Cramer's latest commentary as it's published, sign up for a free trial of Real Money.
It happened again with lululemon athletica (LULU)!
I can't believe it. The company put up fantastic numbers -- the best in retail -- and then gave muted guidance. What happens? The stock gets hammered before the market opens. Do people wait for the call or the interview we did with CEO Christine Day? Do people think about how this company works? How it is conservative? How this is the game it plays?
At some point, the people who either are trying to paint the tape negatively (as I think short-sellers did with a blitz of selling) or are actually panicking will eventually get the message. This is a growth company that can put up stores for years and is just beginning its international ramp. This is a company that only has 12% men, and that could double with some attention.The company barely discounts merchandise at a time when discounts are rife. Its brand is sainted and it is taking part in one of the most incredible secular bull markets in the world: the drive to look and actually be healthy. The stock's not cheap, but no quality growth story is. The management's a little unsophisticated when it comes to dealing with Wall Street. Think about it: Shouldn't they be reporting at 4 p.m. with a 5 p.m. conference call? But this is a darned good story and it deserves to go higher, as it did, once the more informed buyers took over from the weak hands and the ill-informed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV