Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) has published its 2010–2011 Sustainability Progress Report noting strides made in sustainability over the past two years by executing its 2010 Sustainability Plan. The 2010–2011 progress report and the recently published 2012 Sustainability Plan – The Road Ahead have been made public for the first time and can be found on the company’s website, www.graniteconstruction.com/sustainability.
“We are proud of the progress we have made in executing our sustainability initiatives over the past few years and are committed to continuous improvements in this area going forward,” said James H. Roberts, president and CEO of Granite. “While sustainability practices are becoming increasingly more valuable to our customers, our primary goal in sharing our efforts and practices is to establish benchmarks that proactively support and contribute to sustainability throughout our industry.”
As part of its 2012 plan, Granite has identified six key focus areas of sustainability which include:
- Safety and Health—Protecting the well-being of the employees and the public with a goal of zero incidents.
- Compliance and Ethics—Leading by ethical business practices with zero ethical compromises.
- Environment—Leading in environmentally responsible operations and sustainable construction practices with a goal of zero environmental incidents or infractions.
- Quality—Delivering our projects to 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Community—Having a positive effect on the communities that we work with zero impacts on community neighbors.
- Infrastructure investment—That America continually invests in infrastructure to meet the needs of the next generation by working to achieve a sustainable increase in infrastructure investment.
In addition, the plan highlights Granite’s recognition by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the past three years, as well as its improved annual safety record. Over the past several years, Granite has also constructed solar facilities to provide clean power at two of its construction materials plants in Indio and Coalinga, California.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV