Regardless, Palmer continues to recommend MBIA shares, which lost 2.09% Thursday to close at $8.45.
"We believe any weakness in MBIA shares today driven by [Bank of America]'s decision to continue with its cash tender offer is unwarranted," he wrote, adding the shares' current price fails to reflect "the significant benefit that MBIA gained" through the successful amendment of its bonds "or the mounting leverage that the bond insurer has amassed as the litigation moves toward the point that it could cause real pain" to Bank of America.
An MBIA spokesman declined to comment, while Bank of America spokesmen did not respond to email messages.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.Follow @dan_freed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV