SOUTHPORT, Conn., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A three-member panel of the American Abritration Association today awarded former executives of Applied Biosystems, Inc., f/k/a Perkin Elmer Corporation, $17.4 million in unpaid change in control benefits from Life Technologies Corporation, one of the world's largest biotechnology companies. (NASDAQ: LIFE). The case was presented to a former federal judge, former state judge and a senior member of the Connecticut Bar over a period of two years. According to the claim of the executives, the incentive compensation became due from Life Technologies Corporation when it assumed the obligations of the executives' employment agreements after acquiring Applied Biosystems, Inc. in November 2008. Life Technologies argued the executives were misreading their agreements and were not entitled to continued stock-based benefit awards.
In finding for the executives, the arbitration Panel held the agreements were breached as "the Company made no effort to provide [the claimed benefits], and the Claimants are entitled to them." "We are very pleased with the outcome, and are happy our clients will finally receive these sums which they earned and are long overdue," said Scott Lucas, lead trial counsel for the executives. "Consultants from Citrin Cooperman were instrumental in helping us present our clients' complex damages claim to the Panel," added Jeff Bagnell, who handled the damages aspect of the case at trial.
The executives were represented by Lucas Bagnell Varga LLC in Southport, Connecticut. Life Technologies was represented by DLA Piper.
Media Contact: Jeff Bagnell1-203-227-8400 firstname.lastname@example.orgSOURCE Lucas Bagnell Varga LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV