IRVING, Texas, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) today announced that it amended its Stockholder Rights Plan (the "Plan") to accelerate the final expiration of the rights issued pursuant to the Plan to December 6, 2012. The rights had previously been slated to expire on August 1, 2014. As a result of the amendment, as of the close of business on December 6, 2012, the rights are no longer outstanding and are not exercisable, and the Plan has effectively terminated. Stockholders do not need to take any action as a result of this termination.
CMC's Board said in a statement, "After careful consideration, the Board determined that terminating the Plan is appropriate at this time." CMC's Board added, "The Board expressly reserves its right to adopt a new stockholder rights plan in the future, if appropriate under the circumstances."
About Commercial Metals Company
Commercial Metals Company and subsidiaries manufacture, recycle and market steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network including steel minimills, steel fabrication and processing plants, construction-related product warehouses, a copper tube mill, metal recycling facilities and marketing and distribution offices in the United States and in strategic international markets.SOURCE Commercial Metals Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV