SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE:MKT: SSY) today announced that its subsidiary, Central Alabama Medical Associates, LLC (CAMA), has entered into an option agreement with the Chilton County (AL) Hospital Board (Board) under which the Board has the option for 90 days to acquire CAMA’s real and personal property relating to Chilton Medical Center in Clanton, AL, for $1,500,000. CAMA currently leases the Chilton property to a third party hospital operator who is in default under the CAMA lease and the hospital license held by the third party operator was suspended by the Alabama Department of Public Health effective on October 29, 2012. The Board and CAMA applied jointly for a receiver to take over the operations of the third party operator and, if successful, the Board intends to submit plans and applications to re-open the hospital. If the Board is able to re-establish the hospital’s operations to their satisfaction, it has indicated it intends to exercise the option to acquire the property from CAMA. However, there can be no assurance the hospital will be re-opened or that the option will be exercised.
SunLink Health Systems, Inc. is the parent company of subsidiaries that operate hospitals and related businesses in the Southeast and Midwest, and a specialty pharmacy company in Louisiana. Each hospital is the only hospital in its community and is operated locally with a strategy of linking patients’ needs with dedicated physicians and healthcare professionals to deliver quality efficient medical care. For additional information on SunLink Health Systems, Inc., please visit the company’s website at www.sunlinkhealth.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV