Continuing its double-digit growth in jobs and new business at its regional hub here, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) said it is hiring more financial services industry veterans in Illinois to keep pace with increasing demand in Chicago, the state and throughout the Midwest.
Lisa N. Johnson, Commercial Banking division manager for Wells Fargo in the Midwest (Photo: Business Wire)
Wells Fargo’s lending commitments to middle market customers in Chicago – typically privately-held, family-owned companies with between $20 million and $1 billion in annual revenues – have increased 21 percent year to date from 2011. Meanwhile, Wells Fargo’s team of financial services professionals in Chicago has climbed 10 percent during the same period, now totaling 800-plus. The company’s employment now totals more than 3,700 statewide. Over the past two years, Wells Fargo’s workforce has grown 13.4 percent in Illinois and 12.8 percent in Chicago.
Wells Fargo anticipates more lending and jobs growth in the Midwest as the company looks forward to the opening of its new regional headquarters in September 2013 at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Center. Last year, the company signed a lease to occupy nearly 300,000 square feet at the Wacker Drive complex. At the time, it was the largest lease commitment in Chicago since 2009.
“Chicago has become an important regional hub for Wells Fargo, and we will continue to add resources here in order to better serve the needs of our customers,” said Lisa Johnson, head of Wells Fargo Commercial Banking in the Midwest. “We also recognize that the size and scope of our business in Chicago brings with it a responsibility to give back to the community.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV