JM Eagle Aids Humanitarian Efforts For Syrian Refugees
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JM Eagle the world's largest manufacturer of plastic pipe, has donated 10,000 blankets to Roads of Success (ROS) towards their work with Syrian refugees in Jordan.
The blankets along with other donated items were gathered at a warehouse in Bell, Calif., provided by Help the Children. Local volunteers and JM Eagle employees sorted and loaded the items onto a 53-foot truck bound for Chicago, Ill. The donation will later be transported by Royal Jordanian Airlines to the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan. NBC4 News Los Angeles was on site to cover this humanitarian effort and aired the segment.
The Zaatari camp is home to over 37,000 Syrian refugees—mostly women and children. The Syrian civil war has displaced close to 300,000 people during its nearly 2-year span."When we heard of the work Roads of Success is doing to help the hundreds of thousands displaced by the civil war in Syria we were happy to help," said Neal Gordon, JM Eagle vice president of marketing and waterworks sales. "We hope this donation will provide comfort during these challenging times, especially as winter quickly approaches." ROS launched a relief mission to serve the refugees in Jordan with food, blankets, clothing, shoes, and children's toys. ROS in partnership with the Jordanian Royal family and motivational speaker Nick Vujicic will host, "Call for Hope" an event aimed at sharing a positive message of hope for the future. The donated items will be distributed at the event. JM Eagle will take part in the event and be on hand to distribute children's toys and blankets. JM Eagle's donation comes at a critical time; temperatures at the Zaatari camp are reaching into the low 40s and expected to drop as the winter season continues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV