Adaptive Biotechnologies Launches ClonoSEQ, A More Sensitive, Accurate Assay To Detect Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) In Blood-based Cancers.
SEATTLE, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Adaptive Biotechnologies, a leading provider of next-generation sequencing assays for the adaptive immune system, today introduced clonoSEQ, a clinical assay to measure minimal residual disease (MRD) in a range of blood-based cancers that is significantly more sensitive than today's most common tests.
clonoSEQ will be available for widespread clinical use by mid-2013.
"This new approach of using high throughput sequencing to detect and track residual disease is an important advance for clinical hematologists and their patients," said Chad Robins, CEO of Adaptive Biotechnologies. "This will help doctors more effectively determine effectiveness of treatments, monitor patient remission status, and personalize future treatments."
The launch of clonoSEQ follows a key publication in Science Translational Medicine from May 2012, in collaboration with Fred Huchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine, demonstrating that clonoSEQ detected minimal residual disease in nearly twice the number of patients with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma (T-ALL) than flow cytometry.Select highlights of this research will be presented in December 2012, at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology in Atlanta, Georgia. Minimal residual disease is the name given to small numbers of leukemic cells that remain in the patient during treatment, or after treatment when the patient is in remission. The number of these residual cells may be, in some cases, correlated with the risk of relapse. Knowledge of MRD can influence clinical care and increase cure rates. Adaptive has extensive experience applying its MRD assay in the research setting with academic centers worldwide, and has instituted pioneering quality control measures to markedly improve the accuracy and sensitivity of MRD testing as well as simplify data reporting to make comprehension easier and quicker for hematologists. These enhancements include:
- Developing a proprietary set of immune receptor templates to eliminate PCR amplification bias
- Instituting a systematic chain of custody to handle customer samples
- Building a bioinformatics platform to enable the measurement of MRD as a ratio of the malignant clone to the total number of nucleated cells in a blood sample as well as to the lineage-related cells
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV