Adaptive Biotechnologies Launches ClonoSEQ, A More Sensitive, Accurate Assay To Detect Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) In Blood-based Cancers.
SEATTLE, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Adaptive Biotechnologies, a leading provider of next-generation sequencing assays for the adaptive immune system, today introduced clonoSEQ, a clinical assay to measure minimal residual disease (MRD) in a range of blood-based cancers that is significantly more sensitive than today's most common tests.
clonoSEQ will be available for widespread clinical use by mid-2013.
"This new approach of using high throughput sequencing to detect and track residual disease is an important advance for clinical hematologists and their patients," said Chad Robins, CEO of Adaptive Biotechnologies. "This will help doctors more effectively determine effectiveness of treatments, monitor patient remission status, and personalize future treatments."
The launch of clonoSEQ follows a key publication in Science Translational Medicine from May 2012, in collaboration with Fred Huchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine, demonstrating that clonoSEQ detected minimal residual disease in nearly twice the number of patients with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma (T-ALL) than flow cytometry.Select highlights of this research will be presented in December 2012, at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology in Atlanta, Georgia. Minimal residual disease is the name given to small numbers of leukemic cells that remain in the patient during treatment, or after treatment when the patient is in remission. The number of these residual cells may be, in some cases, correlated with the risk of relapse. Knowledge of MRD can influence clinical care and increase cure rates. Adaptive has extensive experience applying its MRD assay in the research setting with academic centers worldwide, and has instituted pioneering quality control measures to markedly improve the accuracy and sensitivity of MRD testing as well as simplify data reporting to make comprehension easier and quicker for hematologists. These enhancements include:
- Developing a proprietary set of immune receptor templates to eliminate PCR amplification bias
- Instituting a systematic chain of custody to handle customer samples
- Building a bioinformatics platform to enable the measurement of MRD as a ratio of the malignant clone to the total number of nucleated cells in a blood sample as well as to the lineage-related cells
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV