U.S. Department Of Labor Grantees Converge To Create Nation's First Open Source Nursing Textbooks Under $2 Billion Federal Grant Program
"This supercharged development session will bring together educators and subject-matter experts to curate and organize strategically selected content," said Dean Florez, former California Senate Majority Leader and President of 20 Million Minds.
The 20MM Foundation and nursing faculty experts have created a list of learning objectives and this weekend they expect to have the first nursing textbooks complete and peer reviewed by faculty teaching in the C6 nursing program this spring. "Nursing occupations are expected to grow 1.2 million by 2020," Florez added. "We need to get these nurses trained and ready to work."
Carole Goldsmith, Vice Chancellor, Educational Services and Workforce Development, West Hills CCD, is project leader. She's excited about the work that's been done over many months on open source textbook development and sees this week's Convergence as another ground-breaking step. "This is epic," she said. "Our participants share a common cause and vision, to change the way education is developed and delivered using quality open source materials. Our goal is to prepare students for employment in high-skill and high-demand occupations, and we think this event will open the floodgates in a way that will transform and improve access to higher education and career training."
Outside the Central Valley, the work being done by the consortium is drawing attention from others, she said. " Napa Valley College, Mt. San Antonio College and the California Nurses Education Institute have all signed up to participate this weekend. This process is receiving a lot of interest."Contact: Carole Goldsmith(559) 934-2131 firstname.lastname@example.org and Mayra Lombera (626) 396-7071 Mayra@20mm.org SOURCE The 20 Million Minds Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV