ATLANTA, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions, today announced a 77% increase in the number of orders processed and shipped during "Cyber Five."
The five day period, spanning Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, is widely considered the busiest shopping period of the year. During this time, Innotrac processed a record-breaking 888,000 customer orders in 2012, versus 501,000 orders in the comparable period during 2011, representing a 77% increase year-over-year.
"We work with a strong group of brands, and they all had a great start to the 2012 holiday shopping season," said Robert Toner, Chief Operating Officer at Innotrac. "With the shopping season expanded to include Thanksgiving night, we expected a big season. We knew scalability would be critical, and have great teams in each facility focused on supporting our clients. This means exceeding order expectations with every package shipped whether in or outside of the peak holiday season."
"We're very excited for our clients' success this holiday season," said Larry Hanger, Senior Vice President of Client Services at Innotrac. "Over the course of holiday peak, we typically see an increase of 3 to 5 times the order volumes experienced during other times of the year. Some of our clients have seen online sales increases over 250% during this year's Thanksgiving weekend, and it's only the beginning of the season. This year, eCommerce is playing a more significant role in consumer holiday shopping, so our clients are putting their best marketing and promotional efforts out there; our job is to make sure those efforts translate into a great customer experience when the package arrives."The number of orders represented includes only Innotrac's orders for direct–to-consumer eCommerce retail brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV