NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today is Pearl Harbor Day. After the 1941 sneak attack by Japan America went to war, selling bonds to pay for it, paying off those bonds over time.
On Sept. 11, 2001, we were attacked again. We went to war. But we still have that war on our credit card. There has been no victory parade because we're still in Afghanistan. Even though it remains the elephant in the room when it comes to our national debt, no one is seriously talking about paying for it.
Currently, an "Iraq Cost Clock" puts the number at $827 billion, and climbing. Add in the cost of Afghanistan and you're talking
That's why even conservatives like David Frum,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV