Northern Trust has enhanced its reporting services for insurance companies, combining statutory accounting and investment information to accumulate, analyze and sort data into specialized formats required by regulators and rating agencies.
Two new reports assist U.S. insurance clients with their annual statement filing and submissions to A.M. Best., a leading insurance credit rating agency:
· Supplemental Investment Risk Interrogatories – Northern Trust organizes data to meet the specific requirements of the investment related section of the statutory annual statement.
· A.M. Best Supplemental Risk Questionnaire – Northern Trust sorts insurers’ investment portfolios by maturity groupings and by the asset type categorization of A.M. Best.“Insurance companies face an ever increasing burden in providing regulators, stakeholders and credit rating agencies with investment accounting information for their annual filings and their deadlines for submission,” said Dennis Case, Insurance Services product manager at Northern Trust. “We are able to provide this integrated reporting to our clients through our unique ability to combine statutory and investment analytics data into one reporting platform. Our goal is to lessen this burden so clients can focus on their core business.” Northern Trust’s integrated operations and technology platform enables reports that combine statutory accounting information such as book value, market value, accruals and cash reporting with factors such as duration, convexity and ratings of fixed income assets to efficiently file reports that determine a fund’s risk profile. The A.M. Best reports are available to U.S. insurance clients for whom Northern Trust provides investment accounting services. The reports are delivered to clients via Northern Trust’s multi-faceted online portal, at year-end or at the frequency that suits clients. Northern Trust provides a full range of asset servicing and asset management solutions, including global custody, investment operations outsourcing and investment sub-advisory services, to a broad spectrum of insurance clients across the globe. Northern Trust's insurance client base and expertise encompass life, general, pensions, protection and indemnity, captives and the specialist Lloyd's insurance market in the UK. About Northern Trust Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of September 30, 2012, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$4.8 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$749.7 billion. For more than 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com or follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts