Samuel Adams Encourages Drinkers To Celebrate National Lager Day On Dec. 10
BOSTON, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The brewers at Samuel Adams are celebrating their love of lagers on December 10 – National Lager Day – and inviting drinkers to do the same. What started out as a grassroots movement among craft beer drinkers has grown into a full-blown celebration of the lager family of beers, and for Samuel Adams, this means celebrating the holiday with a rich, full-flavored Samuel Adams Boston Lager®, and celebrating among friends.
Lager is a type of beer encompassing a wide variety of styles ranging from light pilsners to rauchbiers to darker bocks. What links them together? All lagers are fermented and conditioned for longer aging times than ales at low temperatures which yields clean flavors and allows the malt and hops in the beer to shine. Samuel Adams Boston Lager , the number one craft lager in the U.S., is brewed with two-row malted barley to give the beer its body and flavors ranging from slightly sweet to roasted, and Bavarian Noble hops which impart floral, piney and citrus notes; it's aged longer to maximize and enhance the complex flavor combinations.Full flavored lagers, like Samuel Adams Boston Lager , were relatively unknown in the U.S. in the 80s. "When I first brewed Samuel Adams Boston Lager in 1984, I instantly fell in love with the taste of this beer and realized it was unlike any beer available," said Jim Koch, founder and brewer of Samuel Adams. "So, to me, there is absolutely no better way to toast National Lager Day than with good friends and a pint of Boston Lager." To inspire drinkers to come out to the bar and celebrate National Lager Day with friends over a great craft beer, Samuel Adams is hosting The Great Samuel Adams Boston Lager Log Off – a chance to go off the grid and relax with a full-flavored craft lager. The Great Samuel Adams Boston Lager Log Off is a social experiment to remind drinkers of the value of sharing time with friends over a well-crafted beer like Samuel Adams Boston Lager . Beer has been a naturally social experience for ages, allowing people to connect, discuss, share and bond over a common drink. The Log Off offers a chance to experience the freedom of "logging off" while enjoying a fun night of friends, conversation and craft beer. Fun Facts:
- In a recent study*, nine out of 10 Americans age 21 and older reported that they have the best conversations with friends in-person, such as at a bar or restaurant, yet less than one-third said that their primary way of connecting with their friends is actually face-to-face.
- According to Nielsen's recently released Social Media Report**, Americans spent 121 billion minutes on social media sites in July 2012 – the equivalent of 230,060 years spent friending, posting and tweeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV