“The Aloft brand is a key part of our aggressive expansion strategy in the region,” said Ricardo Suarez, Vice President of Development & Acquisitions for Starwood in Latin America. “When Aloft premiered in Latin America, it made a bold statement by providing a true alternative to the existing select service products in the marketplace. We’ve seen strong guest and developer demand for this brand and its momentum clearly demonstrates that the region is ready for the next-generation Aloft hotel experience.”
The Aloft brand is a game-changing hotel concept with smart technology and a unique social atmosphere that has made it a worldwide hit. Every Aloft guestroom will feature soaring nine-foot ceilings, bold industrial touches, ultra-comfortable signature platform beds with plush bedding, and plug-n-play docking stations which link tablets, laptops or music devices to the room’s 42” LCD TV.
Aloft hotel’s cool initiatives in music, design, and technology have made it a must-have brand for the next generation traveler. Guests will be able to meet and mingle with friends at the buzzing w xyz® bar, happening re:mix™ lounge. Select properties will also have a rooftop “backyard” for social gatherings. The hotels also feature the hugely popular Aloft signature amenities, including re:fuel by Aloft®, its 24/7 pantry for self-service light meals and snacks with healthy options, and re:charge™, 24/7 gym, as well as relaxation at the hotel’s pool at selected properties.
- Starwood currently operates 24 hotels in Mexico. Aloft Merida will mark the entrance of the eighth Starwood brand in the country making it yet another milestone for the company. Aloft Merida will be located in the prestigious area of San Antonio, a corporate and shopping destination, just minutes away from the city’s Country Club, Golf Course and the Merida International Airport. Aloft Merida will have 136 rooms and 530 square feet of meeting space.
- Paraguay’s economy is growing as the country evolves into a relevant business center in Latin America; as its capital, Asuncion is the cornerstone of this transformation. Aloft Asuncion will meet the demands of this growing economy, providing an alternative to business and leisure travelers as well as a social gathering place for local professionals. It will be steps away from the World Trade Center (WTC), an important real estate complex featuring mixed-use real estate development, including corporate offices and conference spaces, food and beverage outlets, support services, and entertainment options. The hotel will feature 120 loft-like rooms and 614 square feet of meeting space.
- Montevideo is the main economic, political and industrial center of Uruguay, an important country in Latin America. Aloft Montevideo will be located in the heart of Montevideo’s business center minutes from downtown, providing business and leisure travelers a unique option. The hotel will feature 100 loft-like rooms and 2,267 square feet of meeting space, designed to accommodate business and group travel to this important business destination.
- Aloft Panama will offer business and leisure travelers easy access to downtown and local attractions. This new urban development boasts an ideal location across from the Atlapa Convention Center, 15 minutes from the Tocumen International Airport and 10 minutes away from the financial center. The hotel will be built in two phases. The first phase, with 126 rooms will open in 2013 and the second phase with 186 more rooms will debut in 2016.
About Aloft HotelsWith more than 60 hotels in 10 countries, Aloft has changed the hotel landscape by offering ‘style at a steal’ everywhere from Baltimore to Beijing to Bogota to Brussels – and everywhere in between. For more information, please visit www.alofthotels.com. Aloft, like all brands within Starwood's portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (R) program, which offers a breakthrough policy of no blackout dates on Free Night Awards. To learn more, please visit www.spg.com. About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,128 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element SM. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (R) (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV