1. As of noon trading, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company ( DD) is up $0.25 (0.6%) to $42.87 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.56-$42.95 after having opened the day at $42.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.62. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company operates as a science and technology based company worldwide. Its Agriculture segment provides hybrid corn and soybean seeds, and grains under the Pioneer brand name; and herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company has a market cap of $39.6 billion and is part of the chemicals industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts