NORD Praises SSA For Expanding Program To Help People With Devastating Diseases
Today's event marked the milestone of reaching a total of 200 diseases on the Compassionate Allowances list, many of which are rare diseases. Information about the Compassionate Allowances Program, including the list of diseases with the 35 new ones, is posted on the Social Security Administration website.
NORD Vice President of Public Policy Diane Dorman was honored by Commissioner Astrue at today's event for facilitating SSA's ability to be responsive to the needs of Americans with disabilities through support for the Compassionate Allowances Program.
NORD and other patient advocacy organizations, as well as medical experts from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and elsewhere, have provided input for the program, which doesn't guarantee approval for disability benefits, but rather an expedited review of applications for disability assistance.
SOURCE National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV