U.S. Nonfarm Payrolls Rise 146,000 in November; Jobless Rate 7.7%
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The U.S. work force added 146,000 jobs in November, the Labor Department said Friday; the unemployment rate was 7.7%.
The consensus was for nonfarm payrolls to rise by 93,000 in November, according to a Reuters survey.
The unemployment rate was expected to remain unchanged at 7.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV