Trading in Apple (AAPL) has been a train wreck this week. Yesterday, shares of the $507 billion tech behemoth fell more than 6.4% -- its biggest single-day loss in four years -- as a handful of fears come to a head for sellers. So, the real question now is whether the selling is over. At this point, that looks like a good bet.
Apple's selloff yesterday took shares to within a few points of strong support at $520, a price that's acted like a floor for shares of the technology firm the last couple of times they tested it. In real terms, $520 is a price level where buyers start to think that AAPL looks cheap again -- that's an important safety net of demand for people who own Apple right now.
Apple has a sloping resistance level up around $600 right now, giving traders a potential price barrier to keep a close eye on. That said, I think that buyers have a good opportunity to jump into Apple here with limited risk -- just wait for a bounce off of that $520 support level before pulling the trigger. Apple has been volatile lately -- traders would be wise to keep a tight stop on this name...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV