- MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS reported lower earnings of $1.17 versus $1.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.75 versus $1.17).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS is rather high; currently it is at 69.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.52% trails the industry average.
- MXIM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MXIM has a quick ratio of 1.82, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
5 Tech Stocks to Buy for 2013: Cadence Design
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.