BATH, Maine, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The U. S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Bath Iron Works, a subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), a $70.5 million contract to provide ongoing planning yard services for the DDG 51 Arleigh Burke -class guided missile destroyer and the FFG 7 Oliver Hazard Perry -class frigate programs. This option modifies a contract initially awarded in June 2012. The period of performance is December 31, 2012, through December 29, 2013.
Bath Iron Works manages post-delivery maintenance and modernization activities for all DDG 51-class ships and all FFG 7-class ships, including design, material kitting, logistics, planning and execution. The company is currently supporting 84 ships in the fleet. The majority of work is performed in Maine, with activity in Norfolk, Va.; Mayport, Fla.; San Diego; Everett, Wash.; Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; and Yokosuka, Japan.
Jeff Geiger, president of Bath Iron Works, said, "The exercise of this contract option demonstrates the Navy's continued confidence in Bath Iron Works' ability to provide critical support to its fleet of destroyers and frigates. Through this program, about 400 engineers, designers, logistics and materials specialists, as well as mechanics, will provide the U.S. Navy with high-quality, affordable post-delivery and modernization services to help ensure that the ships of the Navy's surface combatant fleet are ready to be deployed when needed."
More information about General Dynamics Bath Iron Works can be found at www.gdbiw.com.More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Bath Iron Works
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV