AMSTERDAM, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Booking.com ( http://www.booking.com), the world's leading online hotel and accommodation reservation company, today announced the launch of its free native Kindle Fire app in all Amazon's Appstores. The new app allows Booking.com's customers to easily make and access their hotel and accommodation bookings anywhere, anytime via their Kindle Fire devices. The free Booking.com Kindle Fire app is available for download in all Amazon Appstores including the U.S., U.K., Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Japan, and is available for Kindle Fire 7", Kindle Fire HD 7", and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" devices. Booking.com consistently seeks to deliver innovation to its tens of millions of worldwide mobile customers, and is one of the first apps to integrate with the Amazon Maps API. The native Kindle Fire app is the latest addition to Booking.com's already popular apps for the Apple, Android, and Windows 8 platforms.
"The Kindle Fire is already a great travel companion, and we are proud to be the largest online hotel and accommodation reservation company to feature a native Kindle Fire app in the Amazon Appstore," said Darren Huston, Chief Executive Officer of Booking.com. "Our Kindle Fire users can now easily and quickly connect to the Booking.com cloud on the latest range of Kindle Fire devices, and at the same time receive an enhanced map experience with the integration of Amazon maps – wherever their journeys might take them."
The free Booking.com Kindle Fire app offers the full functionality of other Booking.com mobile apps and features:
- Synchronization via the user's Booking.com account – easily view bookings, searches and hotels from any Booking.com platform;
- Over 250,000 properties in 178 countries;
- 2.6M hotel & other accommodation photos and 17M+ guest reviews;
- Robust search – search for hotels from current location or in any of Booking.com's 41,000 destinations around the world;
- Last minute deals and exclusive deals for newsletter subscribers and Facebook fans;
- Support for 25 languages and 27 currencies;
- Post-booking features, e.g. past, current and future bookings available for offline viewing, add booking to device calendar, email booking confirmation, modify or cancel bookings, quick access to 24/7 customer care via email or phone, and view your hotel on the Kindle Fire map.
The native Booking.com Kindle Fire app is the latest in the Booking.com family of hotel booking apps, which are also available for iOS and Android devices, and through Booking.com's mobile website. Smartphone and tablet bookings at Booking.com exceeded $1 billion in 2011, and that figure has already been surpassed in just the first half of 2012. Booking.com's mobile apps for Android devices have been downloaded more than 4 million times to date.According to Amazon, nine of the 10 best-selling products on Amazon.com have been Kindles, Kindle accessories and digital content since the company unveiled new devices on September 6 of this year, and worldwide sales of Kindle devices more than doubled during the 2012 Thanksgiving weekend from the 2011 period. About Booking.com Booking.com is the world's leading online hotel and accommodation reservations company, and guarantees the best prices for any type of property – from small independents to five-star luxury. Guests can access the Booking.com website anytime, anywhere from their desktop, mobile phone or tablet device, and they never pay booking fees – ever. The Booking.com website is available in 41 languages, offers over 250,000 hotels in 178 countries, features over 17.5 million real reviews from real guests, and attracts over 30 million unique online visitors per month from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 15 years of experience and a team of over 4,400 dedicated employees in more than 85 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team available 24/7 to assist guests in their native language and ensure an exceptional customer experience. Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. owns and operates Booking.com™, and is part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN). Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or learn more at http://www.booking.com. SOURCE Booking.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV