MCLEAN, Va., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Findlay College Prep ( Henderson, Nev.), Oak Hill Academy ( Mouth of Wilson, Va.) and Monteverde (Fla.) hold the top three spots in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for boys basketball for the week of Dec. 3.
Huntington (W. Va.) occupies the No. 4 position, while Chester (Pa.), which will open its season on Dec. 11 against McCaskey ( Lancaster, Pa.), sits in the No. 5 spot of this week's rankings.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.Undefeated Travis ( Richmond, Texas) occupies the No. 10 position in this week's Super 25 rankings, most notably defeating 2012 4A state runner-up Yates (Houston) during last week's Marshall County Hoopfest. Travis is preceded by No. 6 Long Beach Poly ( Long Beach, Calif.), No. 7 Simeon (Chicago), No. 8 Lone Peak ( Highland, Utah) and No. 9 St. Anthony (Jersey City), which opens its 2013 season on Dec. 16 against Neptune ( West Orange, N.J.). Previously unranked Duncanville (Texas) defeated then-No. 18 DeSoto (Texas) and then-No. 14 Prestonwood Christian ( Plano, Texas), and now occupies the No. 19 position on this week's Super 25 rankings. Ballard (Louisville) and Centennial ( Corona, Calif.) also joined this week's rankings for the first time as Nos. 24 and 25, respectively. A total of four teams that appeared in the Super 25 preseason rankings have dropped out after early-season losses: DeSoto (Texas), Prestonwood Christian ( Plano, Texas), DeMatha ( Hyattsville, Md.) and Norcross (Ga.). Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports boys basketball rankings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV