- About 4.6 percent of the enrolled population 3 and older in the Riverside, Calif., metropolitan area were enrolled in preschool or nursery school. In Joshua Tree, Calif., 15.2 percent were enrolled, among the highest in the area. Among towns at the other end of the spectrum was Garnet, Calif., where 0.9 percent were enrolled.
- In Oasis, Calif., 95.5 percent of people 5 and older spoke a language other than English at home, among the highest in the metro area. Among the lowest was Crestline, Calif., at 4.7 percent. For the area as a whole, the corresponding rate was 40.4 percent.
- In Desert Palms, Calif., 47.6 percent of people 25 and older had at least a bachelor's degree, among the highest in the metro area. Among the lowest was Mecca, Calif., at 1.1 percent. For the metro area as a whole, 19.6 percent had a bachelor's degree.
- In Home Gardens, Calif., 26.1 percent of the civilian employed population 16 and older worked in the manufacturing industry, among the highest in the area. Among the places at the opposite end of the spectrum was Big Bear Lake, Calif., where 1.0 percent did so. Area-wide, the corresponding rate was 9.9 percent.
- The percentage of males 15 and older who were married (not including those who were separated) was 84.5 percent in Desert Palms, Calif., and the corresponding percentage for females was 84.6 percent in Fort Irwin, Calif. Both were among the highest in the metro area. The percentages were not significantly different from one another. In Lucerne Valley, Calif., 33.3 percent of males were married while in Glen Avon, Calif., 41.8 percent of females were married. Both were among the lowest in the metro area. The percentages were not significantly different from one another.
- In Desert Palms, Calif., 28.3 percent of households had a person 65 and older who lived alone, among the highest in the metro area. In Oasis, Calif., the corresponding percentage was 0.4 percent, among the lowest. Area-wide, the corresponding rate was 7.8 percent.
American Community Survey Details Characteristics Within Riverside, Calif., Metro Area
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts