- About 6.0 percent of the enrolled population 3 and older in the Portland, Ore., metropolitan area were enrolled in preschool or nursery school. In Sherwood, Ore., 11.7 percent were enrolled, among the highest in the area. Among towns at the other end of the spectrum was Forest Grove, Ore., where 2.5 percent were enrolled.
- In Cornelius, Ore., 48.4 percent of people 5 and older spoke a language other than English at home, among the highest in the metro area. Among the lowest was St. Helens, Ore., at 4.6 percent. For the area as a whole, the corresponding rate was 17.1 percent.
- In West Haven-Sylvan, Ore., 64.0 percent of people 25 and older had at least a bachelor's degree, among the highest in the metro area. Among the lowest was Sheridan, Ore., at 6.7 percent. For the metro area as a whole, 33.9 percent had a bachelor's degree.
- In Bethany, Ore., 29.1 percent of the civilian employed population 16 and older worked in the manufacturing industry, among the highest in the area. Among the places at the opposite end of the spectrum was Sandy, Ore., where 7.3 percent did so. Area-wide, the corresponding rate was 12.9 percent.
- The percentage of males 15 and older who were married (not including those who were separated) was 74.9 percent in Happy Valley, Ore., and the corresponding percentage for females was 74.6 percent in Happy Valley. Both were among the highest in the metro area. The percentages were not significantly different from one another. In Sheridan, Ore., 37.5 percent of males were married while in Gladstone, Ore., 40.3 percent of females were married. Both were among the lowest in the metro area. The percentages were not significantly different from one another.
- In Raleigh Hills, Ore., 20.5 percent of households had a person 65 and older who lived alone, among the highest in the metro area. In Bull Mountain, Ore., the corresponding percentage was 1.5 percent, among the lowest. Area-wide, the corresponding rate was 8.3 percent.
American Community Survey Details Characteristics Within Portland, Ore., Metro Area
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.