University Of Washington Leads All SynCardia Certified Centers With 10 Implants Of The Total Artificial Heart In 2012
The current 70cc Total Artificial Heart fits a majority of men and some women. It is designed for use in patients with a Body Surface Area (BSA) of 1.7m² or greater. SynCardia is currently developing a smaller 50cc Total Artificial Heart designed for patients with a BSA of 1.2-1.7m².
There are currently 74 SynCardia Certified Centers worldwide, including 39 in the U.S. There are an additional 30 hospitals currently undergoing SynCardia's four-phase certification process.
The Freedom portable driver is CE approved for use in Europe and undergoing an FDA-approved Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) clinical study in the U.S.
CAUTION – The Freedom portable driver is an investigational device, limited by United States law to investigational use.The 50cc Total Artificial Heart is not for Human Use. This product is in the research and development phase and will not be available for sale in the United States or Europe until all regulatory requirements have been met. Like SynCardia on http://www.facebook.com/pages/SynCardia-Systems-Inc/191245900926019Follow SynCardia on Twitter – http://twitter.com/SynCardia About the SynCardia temporary Total Artificial HeartSynCardia Systems, Inc. ( Tucson, AZ) is the privately-held manufacturer of the world's first and only FDA, Health Canada and CE approved Total Artificial Heart. Originally used as a permanent replacement heart… read more SOURCE SynCardia Systems, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV