Deadline for 2013 Leadership and Community Action Grants Also Announced Today
TORONTO, Dec. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - The RBC Blue Water Project today announced a new focus for 2013-14 grants, and will now support initiatives that help protect and preserve water in towns, cities and urbanized areas.
"Since 2007 we have supported more than 500 charitable organizations in Canada and around the world that protect watersheds and promote access to clean drinking water," said Gordon M. Nixon, RBC President and CEO. "We are proud of having supported so many organizations with our funding to date and are enthusiastic about now turning our attention to support a focused, urgent issue that is relevant to many of our clients and employees right where they live."
Most of the world's population now lives in towns and cities, and this is increasing the strain on water resources in these areas. Water quality and access are two important issues that need to be addressed as the population grows in urbanized centres. As such, RBC will fund programs in towns and cities with populations of more than 10,000 people that focus on:
- Improving urban water quality;
- Improving management of urban storm and rain water, such as building awareness about low-impact design or the use of natural systems to control storm or rain water;
- The efficient use of water in towns and cities; or
- Protecting and restoring urban waterways.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV