NEW YORK and LOUISVILLE, Ky., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Grandparents.com, Inc. (OTCBB: GPCM), a premier social media website and The Trusted Resource for Grandparents™, and Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today the creation of a national alliance to address and enhance the health and well-being needs of Grandparents.com subscribers.
Under the terms of the alliance, Grandparents Health Plans, LLC, a subsidiary of Grandparents.com, will begin marketing Humana Medicare Advantage, Humana Prescription Drug Plans, and Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance plans – as well as Humana individual medical (HumanaOne®) and dental and vision plans – to the website's subscribers in select markets with the goal of expanding beyond these initial markets.
"As we continue to focus on helping people achieve lifelong well-being, our partnership with Grandparents.com will further extend this goal to America's grandparents, boomers and seniors," said Tom Liston, President of Humana's Retail Segment. "We understand the importance of family relationships on grandparents' health and are excited to work with an organization that's creating new ways for families to interact."
"We are pleased to work with Humana and extend the great health benefits they offer to qualifying Grandparents.com subscribers," said Steve Leber, Chairman and Co-CEO of Grandparents.com. "Through this alliance we look forward to sharing exciting offers with our subscribers in order to keep grandparents healthy and well."Humana Medicare Advantage and Humana Prescription Drug Plans are available in all 50 states to eligible Medicare beneficiaries. Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance plans are available to individuals who have Medicare Parts A and B due to age, and, in select states, due to disability. Plans offered by Humana are dependent on geographic availability. Grandparents.com recently launched television commercials for Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance plans featuring Grandparents.com Grand Ambassador, Larry King, which are running in select markets. About Grandparents.comAt Grandparents.com, our goal is to connect and inspire today's families. As The Trusted Resource for Grandparents™, we seek to strengthen the ties between family members by promoting wellbeing, and by providing smart information and expert advice on what really matters to our members, from health and money to travel and retirement. Our stories and videos celebrate the role of grandparents, and encourage them to tell their own stories, passing on a meaningful legacy to their children and grandchildren. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV