WOONSOCKET, R.I., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As the number of Americans shopping and managing their health via mobile sites and devices continues to grow, CVS/pharmacy is introducing a variety of new features to its mobile suite to meet that demand. The CVS Mobile suite, which consists of the CVS Mobile app and a mobile-optimized website at m.CVS.com, seamlessly extends the in-store shopping and pharmacy experience to customers wherever they are, at any time. The new features range from innovative health resources that make it easier to schedule immunizations and identify pills, to a sleeker look and feel for the CVS Mobile app that makes mobile shopping a snap.
"Through our latest mobile enhancements, CVS/pharmacy is augmenting the personalized shopping and healthcare experience for our customers," said Rob Price, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "Customers accessing CVS.com via mobile devices and tablets has more than doubled since the beginning of the year. We are committed to broadly expanding digital access for customers in order to maximize pharmacy service and shopping convenience."
The newest enhancements to the CVS Mobile site (m.CVS.com) include:
- Immunization Scheduler: While appointments are not necessary, shoppers who prefer to plan ahead can now schedule immunizations – including flu shots – right from the palm of their hand on the CVS Mobile site. Visitors just plug in a location, enter the patient's date of birth, select the desired immunization and schedule an appointment at a nearby CVS/pharmacy.
- More Health Resources: Shoppers using the CVS Mobile site can view prescriptions available for refill or pick-up, access the Health Information Center and manage their ExtraCare ® savings and rewards. Mobile shoppers can now also sign up for the ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes ™ opt-in program through m.CVS.com to receive exclusive savings on diabetes care products as well as healthy living tips and recipes.
- eGift Cards: Customers can now buy personalized eGift Cards on m.CVS.com for their friends and family, which are delivered to the recipient via email and can be used at CVS/pharmacy locations across the country.
- Pill Identifier: Customers using the CVS Mobile app can now access a new Pill Identifier tool to check for drug interactions and identify pills by shape, color and imprint. This enhancement accompanies recent additions to the CVS Mobile app including the Scan Your Refill feature, which allows users to scan their prescription barcodes to easily refill their prescriptions.
- New Look and Feel: The CVS Mobile app has been updated with a sleeker design, including an easy-to-navigate home screen, scrollable icons and an intuitive interface.