BOSTON, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, today announced that it has added new features to its Carbonite Business suite to better meet the backup needs of the higher education market. Based on feedback from current education customers, the new Groups and Search features will provide an institution with easier management for the cloud backups of their users and devices.
"When you work at a college or university, your computer likely holds important information and documents that are vital to your department – from student records and research documents to tuition reports," said Pete Lamson, SVP of Cloud Backup, Carbonite. "We have taken strides to ensure Carbonite is the better cloud backup plan for colleges or universities by adding new features designed with their needs in mind. Now, our education customers can more easily manage their institution's backup at a price that will fit their budget."The new features added to Carbonite cloud backup include Groups and Search. The features are the first of several new enhancements planned for the education sector and are also helpful for small businesses with multiple locations or departments.
- Groups allows admins to group users together so that they can easily locate and better manage the backups of specific groups. For example, backups can be categorized by staff, faculty, departments or other preferred segmentations within an institution.
- Search allows admins to search for individual users, computers or groups within the organization rather than manually looking through lists.
"Today's faculty and staff work digitally and with increased mobility, so Carbonite's anytime, anywhere access ensures they can remotely access their files from any Internet-connected computer or mobile device, regardless of if they forget a research document in the office or left their laptop at home," added Lamson. "Plus, considering how many documents they may be working on at any time, continuous backup for all of an institution's on and off campus staff and faculty is key."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV