HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that Partena, a Brussels-based social services organization that provides 1.2 million individuals and 60,000 companies with payroll and human resource management, employment insurance, benefits management and other services, has transformed its IT infrastructure with EMC® VNX® unified storage and EMC VPLEX® virtual storage to address exponential data growth. Partena credits EMC with significant cost savings and eliminating infrastructure downtime.
- Improved Application Availability — By running applications simultaneously across two active-active data centers with EMC VPLEX, Partena has eliminated downtime — a reduction of three hours per month to zero.
- Cost Savings — Partena has reduced its operational and capital expenditures by 60% through virtualization, providing more resources for projects that drive business growth and increase customer satisfaction.
- Faster Application Deployment — Partena is able to roll out new applications in only a few days versus the one month it typically took before — a 90% reduction in deployment time.
- Streamlined Administration — Tight integration between VNX and VMware has reduced administration time by 50%, freeing Partena's IT staff to focus on more critical projects.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Partena's storage infrastructure was expanding rapidly while government regulations and customer service-level agreements (SLAs) that specified lengthy data retention periods and high data availability requirements were putting added pressures on the infrastructure. To help improve availability, enable faster deployment and reduce expenses, Partena selected EMC VNX and EMC VPLEX.Since implementing EMC technologies, Partena has achieved significant improvements in infrastructure scalability, efficiency and application availability. The company has also virtualized 90% of its server infrastructure using VMware vSphere. All of Partena's applications and databases, including Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle databases, reside on EMC VNX unified storage. To enable disaster recovery, Partena uses EMC VPLEX virtual storage to run its critical applications simultaneously across two data centers several hundred meters apart. Partena also leverages VMware View for desktop virtualization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV