Dex One And SuperMedia Reach Agreement With Lender Steering Committee And Amend Merger Agreement
Dex One Corporation (NYSE: DEXO) and SuperMedia Inc. (NASDAQ: SPMD) today announced they have reached an agreement with a steering committee representing senior lenders of both companies on a revised set of amendments to the companies' credit agreements as part of their proposed merger. As a result, the companies have also entered into an Amended and Restated Merger Agreement.
The credit agreement amendments will:
- Uphold the basic economic terms and strategic merits of the merger as initially announced;
- Preserve the interests of all investors without any dilution; and
- Extend the maturity dates of the companies’ senior secured debt up to 26 months until Dec. 31, 2016.
Following the initial announcement of the proposed merger in August 2012, the lender steering committee was formed to evaluate the proposed amendments to the companies’ respective credit agreements. The existing senior credit agreements for both companies require 100 percent approval from the senior lenders for the amendments, and the companies are working with the steering committee to obtain the requisite approval from the remaining senior lenders.
The steering committee has unanimously agreed to support the revised credit agreement amendments.As previously disclosed, in the event the companies obtain sufficient, but not unanimous, support from the remaining lenders, either or both companies may seek to finalize credit agreement amendments and complete the merger by means of a pre-packaged bankruptcy. Dex One and SuperMedia will also seek approval from their respective shareholders for the proposed merger and the pre-packaged bankruptcy plan, if the pre-packaged plan becomes necessary to secure the credit agreement amendments. The merger is expected to be completed in the first half of 2013. Both companies will be filing the Amended and Restated Merger Agreement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) under Current Reports on Forms 8-K, along with support agreements with the steering committee members and a lender presentation outlining key points of the transactions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV