Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC), a leading energy efficiency and renewable energy company, today announced that it has entered into an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) project with Lorain County Joint Vocational School (JVS). As part of the contract, the school will leverage Ohio’s landmark energy conversation legislation (HB 264) to implement comprehensive energy conservation measures that are expected to save Lorain County JVS over $314,000 in energy and operational costs annually for the duration of the 15-year contract.
Without having to spend a dollar from its capital budget, the ESPC supports the Lorain County JVS’s efforts to be a good steward of their limited resources and address important facility needs. The project will include improvements to facilities on the district’s 10-acre campus that houses both a Career-Technical High School and an Adult Career Center and serves more than 1,000 students annually. Ameresco guarantees the energy cost savings for the duration of the contract.
“We are pleased that these improvements will reduce our carbon footprint, and the school district is expected to save approximately $26,000 per month in energy and operating costs. Also, Ameresco is turning this into an excellent student learning opportunity by directly involving our Building Trades students in various phases of the project,” said Jerry Pavlik, Deputy Superintendent of Lorain County Joint Vocational School.
The ESPC upgrades slated to be performed as part of the Lorain County JVS project will include the following:
- Comprehensive Lighting Program – new interior lighting and controls are expected to improve efficiency of lighting by 35-40 percent;
- Energy Management System – the integration of an industry-leading automation program for energy and environmental management;
- HVAC System Upgrades – completely re-designed heating plant with two new hot water condensing boilers that is expected to result in up to a 35 percent energy efficiency improvement and provide a reliable heating system;
- New Green Components – new LED lighting, a solar thermal hot water system, and a solar photovoltaic demonstration unit with a green kiosk (for student educational purposes) will be implemented.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts