US Futures Dip On EU Economic Concerns
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Stock futures are falling as news that Europe will hold off on new stimulus measures overshadowed a positive jobs report in the U.S.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 6 points to 13,018. The broader S&P futures have slipped 1.3 points to 1,407. Nasdaq futures are down 5.5 points to 2,632.
Europe's Central bank left its interest rate unchanged. Even though rates remain at a record low, European unemployment rates continue to rise and the central bank cuts its growth forecast for next year from positive to negative.
The Labor Department said Thursday that unemployment benefits applications dropped 25,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 370,000, which signals a return to modest hiring.But the storm will likely leave a mark in the critical monthly employment report to be released Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV