NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sirius XM (SIRI) was a big mover in premarket trading on Thursday, gaining 2.17% to reach $2.83, after the company announced a $2 billion share repurchase and special cash dividend.
The satellite radio giant was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 25,282,546.
Zynga (ZNGA) was also a big mover before market open, gaining 7.76% to $2.50, after the company moved closer to the world of Real Money Games (RMG). On Wednesday, the social gaming specialist revealed that it has filed its application for a Preliminary Finding of Suitability from the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
"This filing continues our strategic effort to enter regulated RMG markets in a prudent way," said Barry Cottle, Zynga's chief revenue officer, in a statement emailed to TheStreet. "We anticipate that the process will take approximately 12 to 18 months to complete."The San Francisco-based company was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,484,550. Vodafone (VOD) shares gained 0.97% to reach $25.92 early on Thursday, while Apple's (AAPL) stock slipped 1.48% to $530.83. In an interview with NBC's Brian Williams, which will air on Thursday, Apple CEO Tim Cook hinted at the company's television plans. "When I go into my living room and turn on the TV, I feel like I have gone backwards in time by 20 to 30 years," Cook said. "It's an area of intense interest. I can't say more than that." --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV