Delta's Interest in Virgin Turns Off Investors
If Delta's talks with Singapore are part of a wider plan that would include SkyTeam partner Air France/KLM acquiring Richard Branson's 51% stake in the airline he founded, then "the SkyTeam alliance would potentially secure a significant hold in three of the busiest European Airports (London, Paris and Amsterdam), (and be) able to better coordinate capacity to maximize profitability."
McAdoo has a $19 price target on Delta.
Maxim Group analyst Ray Neidl also backed a deal, saying that "these slots are desirable as they provide access to the profitable corporate traffic that flies into Heathrow." A deal would put Delta on an even footing with American and United (UAL)" at Heathrow, Neidl said. He has a $13 price target on Delta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV