While KBW didn't raise its earnings estimates or price target for the shares, George upgraded Ocwen because of "the upside to our $40 price target." The analyst estimates that Ocwen will earn $4.66 a share in 2013, with EPS increasing to $5.32 in 2014.
Ocwen's shares were up a whopping 138% year-to-date, through Wednesday's close, however, the shares were still trading for a relatively low 7.7 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.46, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is $5.02.
Interested in more on Ocwen Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV