NORCROSS, Ga., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Official Payments, a leading provider of electronic payment solutions, alerts property owners in California that the deadline for property taxes is Monday, December 10 at 5 p.m. Taxpayers can pay electronically using debit cards, credit cards, and electronic checks by paying online through Official Payments.
"Many counties in the Golden State have partnered with Official Payments to make paying taxes easier and more convenient for their residents," said Alex P. Hart, President and CEO of Official Payments.
California property owners may be charged a fee of 10 percent of the tax due by their taxing authority when the tax becomes delinquent.
To make a payment, taxpayers can go online at www.OfficialPayments.com, click the "Local Payments" button, and select the state of California, the county name and the tax type from the pull-down menus.About Official Payments Official Payments Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPAY) provides turnkey electronic payment solutions for over 3,000 clients across all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Official Payments' solutions enable government agencies, educational institutions, utility companies and charitable organizations to seamlessly accept secure, convenient payments by credit card, debit card and electronic check via mobile, web ( www.OfficialPayments.com), telephone and point of sale. Official Payments is not a tax advisor and does not provide advice on any tax requirements. Use of any information from this announcement or site or any other web site referred to is for general information only and does not represent personal tax advice either expressed or implied. You are encouraged to seek professional tax advice for tax questions and assistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV