Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today unveiled a fresh look and feel to its GoPayment mobile payment app, equipped with new features to address the needs of small businesses. The enhanced GoPayment comes with new tools and features that small businesses can use on their smartphones or tablets – helping them to compete with bigger companies, increase sales and grow their business. During the holiday shopping season, many small businesses face the additional pressure of managing an increase in volume, and Intuit solutions can help them meet the demand and create better experiences for their customers. Intuit takes payments beyond just a simple card reader and mobile app – GoPayment syncs data with best-selling QuickBooks financial software, and integrates with QuickBooks Point of Sale to provide one of the only robust mobile point-of-sale solutions specifically designed to help the nation’s 2.8 million small retailers manage and grow their businesses.
The new GoPayment helps small businesses:
- Personalize transactions: Customize the GoPayment app to meet their specific needs and tastes. Receipts can include the store’s name, logo and contact information to promote their business and encourage referrals.
- Track cash payments, apply discounts: Record cash transactions and apply discounts, such as Friends and Family offers, to orders.
- Gain business insight: Manage one items list that syncs across devices and users, organize items by category or favorites across multiple devices and users, and see all transaction details in one place.
- Better manage employees: Control employee access to information and set permissions by differentiating between administrator and associate roles. This is increasingly important during the holidays, when small businesses hire seasonal employees, creating a greater need to monitor sales and be more secure.
Introduced in May 2009, GoPayment began as a way for small businesses on the go to accept payments using their mobile device. Since then, it has evolved to meet the changing needs of the market and consumers. The new GoPayment is now available on the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore. The app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
“We are constantly improving GoPayment to ensure we meet the unique needs of all types of small businesses,” said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit Payment Solutions. “We based our enhancements to GoPayment on customer insights and feedback. We’ve developed a new look and features to deliver a more seamless, efficient experience while continuing to provide the same value and benefits countless small business owners have come to trust.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV