But, Reed, as much as you would like it to, the world is not going to roll over and do what you think it should do. Growth has hit a relative wall.
As much as I can't picture it, I can imagine a situation (if that makes sense) where Hastings has no choice but to reverse course and institute a price hike.
But there would be mutiny in America!
Listen -- you can screw up so badly in Washington that you put the nation on the brink of recession. Most citizens barely pay attention. Raise prices on an "entitlement" the country actually cares about and you set off a social media firestorm disingenuous YouTube apology videos are made of.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV