Superstorm Sandy Insurance Claim Tips
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Superstorm Sandy Insurance Claims...One Month Later
It's been one month since the record breaking 1,000 mile Superstorm Sandy slammed into the East coast. Preliminary estimates of losses due to damage and business interruption are estimated at $65.6 billion ( 2012 USD), which would make it the second-costliest Atlantic hurricane, behind only Hurricane Katrina.
The vast majority of the property damage is in New York and New Jersey. Sandy damaged or destroyed homes and businesses, more than 72,000 in New Jersey alone, according to Gov. Chris Christie. Nor'easter complicates insurance for Sandy-struck businessesBusinesses and property owners in New York, Delaware and New Jersey that were preparing insurance claims for losses from Superstorm Sandy now have a second headache: how to deal with new losses from an early winter snow storm. The Nor'easter is technically a 2nd occurrence. Insurance experts say the Nor'easter will only complicate what was already going to be a difficult and prolonged negotiation between commercial policy holders and insurance companies over what was covered, when and for how long. Today, many property and business owners are frustrated dealing with insurance claims in the aftermath of Sandy and the Nor'Easter. Most insurance claims in the United States are grossly underpaid. In some cases, policyholders may choose to work with a public adjuster. Do you need a public adjuster?
- Are you dealing with a wind storm insurance claim seeking an advocate who represents your interests, NOT the insurance company?
- Do you have no time, expertise or desire to deal with the burden of an insurance claim?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV