- Ease software development with a complete, mature and stable embedded operating environment that provides full middleware and driver enablement to add more product functionality. These components include:
- Deterministic, real-time multitasking kernel (SYS/BIOS)
- TCP/IP stack, including network applications
- USB, EMAC, MMC/SD host and device stacks and class drivers
- FAT-compatible file system fully integrated with C RTS file I/O functions
- Ethernet, USB, UART, I2C and SD device drivers
- Low overhead core-to-core communication mechanism for dual-core devices
- Begin software development and achieve network connectivity straight out of the box with components that have been integrated and tested. The user does not have to piece code together or face component version mismatches to get their application working in a multithreading environment.
- Easily enhance an existing software base with new functionality by adding new tasks that do not disrupt the real-time response of critical system functions.
- Move functions between dual core devices to optimize performance by using the same TI-RTOS kernel on both the ARM® and C28x DSP cores.
- Receive robust documentation and examples to augment designs, including examples and APIs appropriate for multitasking development and integration to help evaluate TI-RTOS and receive training.
- Meet on-chip memory constraints with an RTOS based on a modular architecture with a small footprint, enabling easy removal of software functionality not required in the application. Components are also scalable, allowing for further reductions in memory requirements.
- Enable seamless development in familiar environment. TI-RTOS is fully integrated with TI's Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) and contains board support packages and development kits, including the TI MCU LaunchPads.
- Obtain application-specific software with TI's broad Design Network software developer network with partners such as Interniche and Simma software that provide additional communications stacks that work with TI-RTOS.
- Benefit from no upfront or run-time license fees and free support with full C source code and direct support from TI.
TI Expands Successful Software Ecosystem With A New, Complete Real-time Operating System: TI-RTOS
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.